POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Off Topic: HP-48 emulator : Re: Off Topic: HP-48 emulator Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Off Topic: HP-48 emulator
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 13 Jan 2001 15:00:29
Message: <3A60B2A2.4E2CDBF6@online.no>
David Fontaine wrote:

> The 48 sounds pretty much the same as the 89.
>
> The 89 has the old carbon contact buttons with the rubber sheet. Those wear
> out after many years, fixing an old-skool Nintendo controller the rubber
> sheet was practically shredded. Stuff like that.

It's a pity that they use this solution !

Some 8 years ago I had to buy several spare rubber
sheets for my ZX Spectrum.

> 10Mhz Motorola 68000. :D

=)

Cool ! I like those.

This may be a good reason for me to have a closer look
at the TI-89.

Maybe I could make some interesting electronic add-on-
gizmos for it.

Is it possible to access the uProcessor bus from the
outside of the calculator ?

> The 89 does symbolic calculation, derivation and integration (symbolically),
> FLASH ROM for the upgradeable ROM and for the archive memory, where you can
> store variables and stuff that don't get edited, like most asm games. It's
> got 188k user-available RAM and 384k FLASHROM. Nice high-res display,
> 160x100. Everything is displayed as it would be written in a textbook. It has
> tons of functions, like complex zeroes, taylor series, limit, sigma including
> to infinity, product including to infinity, 3D graphing. The algebraic solver
> can take any number of entries compounded by 'and', like 'y=2x^4+5 and y=5x
> and x>2', and it can return expressions if the solution isn't a number. And
> of course differential equation graphing and all that. I don't think RAM is
> upgradeable, but there are 3rd party RAM expansions that use the link port.
> There is now a freeware 3rd party gcc compiler for it too. Woohoo!

Sounds promising !

Are there any emulators for it ?

Regards,

Tor Olav