POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Variations on a Theme Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Variations on a Theme (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: David Vincent-Jones
Subject: Variations on a Theme
Date: 1 Sep 2000 14:57:32
Message: <39affc1c$1@news.povray.org>
I am building a scene where there are a large number of 'nearly identical'
items.

The only difference is that each item has a different number or letter
painted on its side.
(i.e.. like a set of one color pool balls)

Because the number of objects is quite large, I would like to use a standard
object approach and just do a location transform plus adding the number in
the final .pov file.

Has anybody done anything like this ?

David

Post a reply to this message

I don't consider me to be an advanced-user, but couldn't you just #declare
your basic shape and make a union of it together with the textobject for the
number/letter (or what ever you need to make it unique)? The hole union can
then be transformed and both - basic shape plus letter/number - would be
affected.

Marc-Hendrik

David Vincent-Jones schrieb in Nachricht <39affc1c$1@news.povray.org>...
>I am building a scene where there are a large number of 'nearly identical'
>items.
>
>The only difference is that each item has a different number or letter
>painted on its side.
>(i.e.. like a set of one color pool balls)
>
>Because the number of objects is quite large, I would like to use a
standard
>object approach and just do a location transform plus adding the number in
>the final .pov file.
>
>Has anybody done anything like this ?
>
>David

Post a reply to this message