POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Surface normals in MegaPOV Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Surface normals in MegaPOV (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Doug Eichenberg
Subject: Surface normals in MegaPOV
Date: 10 Jun 2000 13:11:04
Message: <394276a8$1@news.povray.org>
I've been working on an image in version 3.1 and decided to port it to
MegaPOV to add some motion blur.  The motion blur worked fine, but I have a
leopard patterned bump map on the surface of one of the objects and it came
out all screwed up.  My understanding is that bumps are handled differently
in MegaPOV, so I added the '#version official 3.1;' line at the end of the
code.  According to the docs, this should cause MegaPOV to handle bumps and
normals just as they were in version 3.1.  I would figure that an image
rendered in version 3.1 should be identical to a MegaPOV rendering if this
line is added (at least so far as bumps and normals are concerned), but that
doesn't appear to be the case.  Has anyone else run into this?  Any
thoughts?

-Doug Eichenberg

Post a reply to this message