POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Surface normals in MegaPOV : Re: Surface normals in MegaPOV Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:29:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Surface normals in MegaPOV
From: Peter Popov
Date: 10 Jun 2000 23:11:37
Message: <ih06ks8k27tpdlipkgj6u0drftfpkf0ug1@4ax.com>
On Sat, 10 Jun 2000 17:25:33 -0400, "Doug Eichenberg" <dou### [at] nlsnet>
wrote:

>The megapov docs, in section 13.1.1, say "First, you can disable all of
>these changes and revert to the way the original version handles normals by
>using '#version official 3.1;' at the END of your POV file."  (caps are
>mine)

Obviously you've read the MegaPOV manual more carefully than I did :)

>> Also, try the no_bumps_scale modifier if #version doesn't solve your
>> problem.
>
>I tried that.  Same result.

Which probably means the problem was elsewhere and not in the normal
bugfix.

>It doesn't matter at this point... I got it working after tweaking some
>settings in the finish statement, plus changing the bump size.  Thanks for
>the feedback.

Glad you got the problem nailed down.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet