POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : new question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  new question (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Noah A
Subject: new question
Date: 15 Aug 1999 20:29:35
Message: <37B75B81.2BB6E9AC@powersurfr.com>
why does povray render SLOWER on a ram drive?

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: new question
Date: 16 Aug 1999 09:06:12
Message: <37B80CED.E0026A7B@compuserve.com>
What are you using the RAM disk for? To store the POV program, includes,
scene file, output image, or what?
It might be slower because there is less RAM for the actual running
program, is it using VM?

Post a reply to this message