POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : 3dstudiomax -> povray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  3dstudiomax -> povray (Message 21 to 30 of 32)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 2 Messages >>>
From: Ken
Subject: Re: 3dstudiomax -> povray
Date: 29 Sep 1999 21:35:27
Message: <37F2BE02.203B7B46@pacbell.net>
Lance Birch wrote:

> Well, I don't.
>
> I don't have POV-Ray installed right now and I haven't for about a year
> (except a month in the middle some time where I re-renderer some images I'd
> made in it).  I exist in these newsgroups to try to help people a bit, but
> as you can probably see by now I'm by no means up with things like media (I
> left in the halo days :)
>
> POV-Ray still is an excellent renderer though and that's what got me started
> on all this, so I feel I might as well stay around and see how it develops.

You are one of those, what do you call it, ah yes, your an interloper.

--
Ken Tyler
1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

From: Lance Birch
Date: 29 Sep 1999 21:39:33
Message: <37f2bf55@news.povray.org>
It's purely for fine tuning Ken.  Remember this is art, it doesn't have to
keep to the real world rules.

You might for example use it to highlight a certain object but you don't
want that object to cast a nasty shadow or some other group of objects in
the background.  It does happen, trust me :)

I've used this feature a few times now and it saves having to reposition the
light and then set up another one to light just another object.

Post a reply to this message