POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : 3dstudiomax -> povray : Re: 3dstudiomax -> povray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3dstudiomax -> povray
From: Simen Kvaal
Date: 30 Sep 1999 08:30:36
Message: <37f357ec@news.povray.org>
>> Why then does everybody talk about realism as an important factor?
>
>Because it's important to be able to do realism IF you want to.  It's also
>important to have the tools to be able to do what you want to artistically
>however.

I don't really believe in the title "artist" when it comes to packages as
3ds and the likes. I might sound arrogant, but with too much freedom, you
loose your horizon. As I have said, what would the pictores of Rembrandt
look like if he used 3ds, photoshop or similar? What would Bach sound like
if he had an electric guitar and a sequencer? It's the marginal resources
that bring forth the creative nature of the human. With small resources you
are forced to think in lesser terms.

Simen.