POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : 3dstudiomax -> povray : Re: 3dstudiomax -> povray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:22:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3dstudiomax -> povray
From: Simen Kvaal
Date: 30 Sep 1999 10:35:18
Message: <37f37526@news.povray.org>
>To so that using a product like 3DS MAX isn't being artistic is like saying
>that someone that uses a specific type of traditional media isn't being
>artistic (like, for example, saying that people that use pencil aren't
being
>artistic when people that use oil paints are)

Okay, okay. I get the point. I was arrogant. I agree with what you say.
(Really!)

But:

There are so many people definig themselves as "digital artist" who only
produce garbage. And of course there are many who use "traditional" tools
that create garbage, too. But it is harder to find good, digital art.