POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Poser figures into Moray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Poser figures into Moray? (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Simon Lacey
Subject: Poser figures into Moray?
Date: 21 Jul 2000 20:04:34
Message: <3978C985.4CAEBF8A@yahoo.com>
Hi all! I have a little experience with Moray and POV, and now I
really want to be able to use human figures in my images. I have
Poser 4 and I am having problems getting the figures into POV.
Actually I'd rather get them into Moray so I can model props etc. I
lack expertise with POV's text based interface. A poser figure without
an UV-mapped texture is rather useless so this feature is essential.

I downloaded Poser2POV which is a shareware/freeware DOS command
line utility that is supposed to convert .OBJ files into POV, INCL
and UDO files, complete with associated textures. The author claims that
it will render with texture map provided you use UV-POV or MegaPOV to
render.

When I tried to open the resulting UDO file in Moray it seemed to
work at first; I got the list of body parts (hip, abdomen leg etc) in
the Select panel and a yellow dot in each of the wireframe
perspective views. When I attempted to zoom to the object or zoom to
fit it... doesn't. Its still a yellow dot in all 3 views.

I e-mailed the writers of Pose2POV and got no reply.

I'm considering the Win3D file converter, but that one will not
import textures unless you register it (35 euro) and I really can't
afford it, unless I am *certain* it will work.

How have people solved this problem of Poser to Moray? Any advice?

Post a reply to this message