POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Poser figures into Moray? : Re: Poser figures into Moray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:24:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser figures into Moray?
From: Halbert
Date: 22 Jul 2000 18:03:50
Message: <397a1a46@news.povray.org>
Yes, I just did try to do this and you are right; pose2pov does not create a
useable .udo. I had to use a different program to create the .udo then
replace the .inc with the one created by pose2pov.
> Very frustrating!

Very frustrating, indeed! I'm sure that if we have some patience there will
soon be more options for getting .obj files into moray.

> I tried the version 1.0 Moray plugin win3dwin of T. Baier. That imports
from the
> original .obj file  and gives a one mesh UDO wireframe figure in Moray.
However,

It seems to me that one of Thomas Baier's programs did export mesh2 files. I
have version 3.5 which (probably not the most recent) If mesh2 support were
added to his 3dto3d moary plugin, I'm sure we can all agree it would make
life easier.

> I don't know how to texture map that, and of course it has no constituent
parts.
> I can of course render it with a solid color, but what use is that?

I think the .inc you created here is a standard mesh of smooth triangles,
which has no uv data.

I have the source code for pose2pov. I am now curious to see why these
things don't work. Maybe it's an easy fix (yeah, right.)