POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Poser figures into Moray? : Re: Poser figures into Moray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser figures into Moray?
From: Simon Lacey
Date: 23 Jul 2000 00:30:23
Message: <397A755F.54505ED1@yahoo.com>

> It seems to me that one of Thomas Baier's programs did export mesh2 files. I
> have version 3.5 which (probably not the most recent) If mesh2 support were
> added to his 3dto3d moary plugin, I'm sure we can all agree it would make
> life easier.

I've just experimented with 3DWin 4.1 (see the thread 5 up from this one. As you
will see from that thread the unregistered version seems to produce an UDO that
Moray recognises and has individual meshes for the body parts. The registered
version apparently produces UV data and has full material conversion, but I
haven't been able to confirm this. If I was *sure* that it imports Poser objects
easily to Moray with full texture info and separate body parts I'd be willing to
pay the money for it (35 Euros). Its not a Moray plugin, but it seems pretty
user-friendly. It needs more MegaPOV support and some conveniences like sorting
out the many files it produces from the conversion process into the correct
Moray/POV directories.