POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : i want .inc files, not .pov Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:30:46 EDT (-0400)
  i want .inc files, not .pov (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: ryan constantine
Subject: i want .inc files, not .pov
Date: 22 Mar 2000 21:42:22
Message: <38D9850C.4EFD4A3@yahoo.com>
here's the situation, i'm creating a complex model (over 200 primitives
so far) and i would like to save the individual parts as .inc files
instead of .pov files.  of course, i have already been saving those
parts as objects instead of scenes within moray, but how can i get moray
to #include a previously saved object instead of adding it to the
scene?  does merge object automatically add it to the scene?  is there
another way to add an object to a scene?  if it's in the docs, point the
way.

the main reason i want to have the .inc files is for distribution.  some
of the parts are so complex that nobody will want to mess with them
anyway and putting them in the main scene file gets really messy!  plus,
i only named major components so everything minor is cylinder136,
cube078 etc.

also, is there a way to take advantage of povray's programming elements
within moray or will i have to do that by hand after model creation?
thanks,
ryan constantine

Post a reply to this message

HI Ryan- if you go to the Scene>Settings> Includes tab I think you can
specify all the includes you want.

-Pascal

ryan constantine wrote in message <38D### [at] yahoocom>...
>here's the situation, i'm creating a complex model (over 200 primitives
>so far) and i would like to save the individual parts as .inc files
>instead of .pov files.  of course, i have already been saving those
>parts as objects instead of scenes within moray, but how can i get moray
>to #include a previously saved object instead of adding it to the
>scene?  does merge object automatically add it to the scene?  is there
>another way to add an object to a scene?  if it's in the docs, point the
>way.
>
>the main reason i want to have the .inc files is for distribution.  some
>of the parts are so complex that nobody will want to mess with them
>anyway and putting them in the main scene file gets really messy!  plus,
>i only named major components so everything minor is cylinder136,
>cube078 etc.
>
>also, is there a way to take advantage of povray's programming elements
>within moray or will i have to do that by hand after model creation?
>thanks,
>ryan constantine

Post a reply to this message