POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Plugins, plugins, plugins... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Plugins, plugins, plugins... (Message 17 to 26 of 26)
From: Ken
Subject: Re: Plugins, plugins, plugins...
Date: 28 Jul 1999 11:56:31
Message: <379F26FB.D8FC63E8@pacbell.net>
Nieminen Mika wrote:

> Alex Magidow <axi### [at] mninternet> wrote:
> : Its not just that- if, for example, someone did write an export to another
> : renderer, wouldn't it be better to have a general scripting language instead of
> : a POV-Ray based one?
>
>   How do you use povray features not implemented in moray (for example some
> objects, colefax's include files, etc)?

  The one question I have not heard addressed yet is if you expect Moray to
display the results of the written Pov script. This would of course require
Moray to have a Pov language parser added to it and Lutz has already mentioned
he does not want to spend the time to add one. You might as well edit the pov
file directly if you can't visualize it in Moray.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm

Post a reply to this message

:   The one question I have not heard addressed yet is if you expect Moray to
: display the results of the written Pov script.

  My original suggestion was that you could tell moray how to create the
wireframe for the object in script comments or something.
  Moray could also understand simple #declares of floats and #whiles.

> :   The one question I have not heard addressed yet is if you expect Moray to
> : display the results of the written Pov script.
>
>   My original suggestion was that you could tell moray how to create the
> wireframe for the object in script comments or something.
>   Moray could also understand simple #declares of floats and #whiles.

...which equates to turning Moray into a language parser instead of a simple wire
frame modelling program. I not arguing it's potential I am just pointing out the
reality of what you propose. It would make everyone happy who wishes that Moray
could read pov files directly and between you me and Lutz we certainly know how
many requests there have been for that.