POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Flat surfaces Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Flat surfaces (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Rocco Pochy
Subject: Flat surfaces
Date: 15 Jan 1999 16:15:57
Message: <369FAFCF.E454057B@ix.netcom.com>
I am trying to render a flat glass plate and mirror. What
I get is large distortions in the reflections. Is there
anyway to define a "prefectly' flat/smooth surface in
moray/povray?

TIA...

> I am trying to render a flat glass plate and mirror. What
> I get is large distortions in the reflections. Is there
> anyway to define a "prefectly' flat/smooth surface in
> moray/povray?

For some bizarre reason, a texture with no normal has a big old bozo
(granite? I dunno) normal applied by default.

Give it a normal with a bump size of 0.

Yeah, this really sucks.

Simon
http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet