POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Flat surfaces : Re: Flat surfaces Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flat surfaces
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 16 Jan 1999 09:48:51
Message: <36a09ebe.3604082@194.174.214.110>
Hi Simon de Vet, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> For some bizarre reason, a texture with no normal has a big old bozo
> (granite? I dunno) normal applied by default.
That's was my fault. The last maintenance releas of Moray includes a
file called MorayPOV.inc which defines a default texture with normals
and phong highlighting.

Simply delete or edit the MorayPOV.inc file and the renderings will be
as expected.

The final V3.1 release (due early next week) will fix this.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray