POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Flat surfaces : Re: Rounded Cone (WAS Re: Flat surfaces) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rounded Cone (WAS Re: Flat surfaces)
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 26 Jan 1999 07:17:32
Message: <36adb25c.0@news.povray.org>
Simon de Vet schrieb in Nachricht <36A### [at] istarca>...

>Nice button. May I ask how you got the nice rounded edge between the
conical
>base and the flat surface?
>
>Simon
>http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet

Don't know how he did it, but you could do it:
- using a lathe object
- using a sor (ahem, no, impossible: multiple points with same y value)
- using a CSG of a cylinder, a cone and a torus (hard to adjust the torus on
the cone)
- using a non-standard transformation of a superellipsoid (hard to figure
out).

So I think it was a lathe object (I would use one) here. OR a CSG of a sor
and a cylinder.

But your tip was very useful. Is this default bozo documented somewhere
(except for the source code, which I didn't have a look at yet)?

O sorry again. I should have read a bit further. It was in the MorayPOV.inc,
not in POV-Ray. I am rather new to Moray, but I like it.

--
Rudy Velthuis