POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Where have all the POVers gone? Server Time
16 May 2024 19:26:56 EDT (-0400)
  Where have all the POVers gone? (Message 11 to 18 of 18)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: Where have all the POVers gone?
Date: 25 Jul 2001 15:04:08
Message: <3B5F1A22.FE904072@hotmail.com>
Nekar Xenos wrote:

> I was wondering when someone would start posting Maya stuff, but I
> guess people that work with Maya are to busy making movies, etc.

From what I understand, Maya is too expensive to be used on something
non$$$ like the IRTC.  Then again, maybe they bootlegged it.

Regards,
John
--
ICQ: 46085459

Post a reply to this message

From: Rune
Date: 2 Aug 2001 20:28:46
Message: <3b69f03e@news.povray.org>
"John VanSickle" wrote:
> Yes, but once upon a time the IRTC was mostly POV-Ray.

The quality and expectations of IRTC entries have raised a lot since then.
Doing advanced animation such as character animation in POV-Ray is not as
simple a task as in many other programs I think (though I'm not talking from
personal experience). However, as seen in p.b.a new techniques are being
worked on by many people, so if we're lucky there'll be lots of excellent
POV-Ray animations in the IRTC sometime in the future.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)