POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: distributed render project Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:30:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: distributed render project (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: ABX
Subject: Re: distributed render project
Date: 7 Jan 2004 01:54:45
Message: <u2bnvvcvbsvl0gmfbtfsur6anicka9cchv@4ax.com>
On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 18:11:27 -0500, "Barron Gillon" <gil### [at] purdueedu> wrote:
> Hi all, I'm looking for some input, feature requests, etc for a littel
> programming project of mine. (...) So, I
> would appreciate any questions, comments, input (would anyone use this?),
> anything you people have to say.  Thanks!

I would suggest to start from reading http://www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm
My question is: how your application will differ to SMPOV?

ABX

Post a reply to this message

From: Theo Gottwald * * *
Date: 7 Jan 2004 06:39:58
Message: <3ffbf00e@news.povray.org>
Hallo Barron

If I can help you with your project in any way, drop me a (private-)mail.

ABX is right. Before you start doing something it is a recommendation, that
you try what
we did already, and then think about what you can make better or if you want
to contribute to the current project.

Generally I like the idea that there are multiple projects, besides I would
like most
if the POV-Shell itself would get some distribution (&SMP-) functionality
somewhere in future.
I will support that in any way.

I think now that everyone can try SMPOV and experiment with the current (far
from perfect, but mostly working) implementation, there should be quite some
people out there who have new and intresting
ideas to make something themselves (or support current projects).

 As a result POV-Ray will become more and more intresting.

regard
--Theo

www.it-berater.org

"ABX" <abx### [at] abxartpl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 18:11:27 -0500, "Barron Gillon" <gil### [at] purdueedu>
wrote:
> > Hi all, I'm looking for some input, feature requests, etc for a littel
> > programming project of mine. (...) So, I
> > would appreciate any questions, comments, input (would anyone use
this?),
> > anything you people have to say.  Thanks!
>
> I would suggest to start from reading http://www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm
> My question is: how your application will differ to SMPOV?
>
> ABX

Post a reply to this message