POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: distributed render project : Re: distributed render project Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:07:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: distributed render project
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 8 Jan 2004 01:21:41
Message: <Xns946ADAD45476tomatimporg@204.213.191.226>
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde> wrote in news:hj6uc1-1c5.ln1
@triton.imagico.de:

> Tom Galvin wrote:
>>
>> IMPFarm routinely has Windows, Linux, and MacOSX clients.
>> http://www.imp.org/impfarm/status-show.asp
>
> But that's for animations, only able to distribute whole frames.
>
> Christoph

True.  My point was that if support for multiple operating systems is
available, then it is used.  While it is feasible to support partial
images, it just is not advantageous for our project. It would add
unnecessary overhead.

--
Tom