POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: distributed render project : Re: distributed render project Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:09:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: distributed render project
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 7 Jan 2004 10:22:03
Message: <c8ktc1-egb.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
Theo Gottwald * * * wrote:
> I decided, that I will even share the sourcecode with people who can proof
> their ability to make implementations on other platforms. (So i don't sent
> the sourcecode to just anyone who asks, but to ppl. who I think that have
> proofed their qualifikation (with other projects for example).
>
> So far noone asked for that :-). Myself I don't plan to code in other
> environment then windows,
> [...]

You should notice that you deny yourself the possibility to reach a lot
of users, especially for render farms and distributed rendering in
general unix systems are extremely widely used.

And you will have a very hard time to find someone to port your program
to other platforms in a proprietary programming language.

And just in case this is not clear: you of course don't need to use a
different OS to generate a portable program.

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______