POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: distributed render project : Re: distributed render project Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: distributed render project
From: ABX
Date: 7 Jan 2004 06:59:11
Message: <pnsnvv4ha16qj6f19ksh6q7dnirpaspinl@4ax.com>
On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 12:41:10 +0100, "Theo Gottwald * * *"
<yne### [at] it-beraterorg> wrote:
> I think now that everyone can try SMPOV and experiment with the current (far
> from perfect, but mostly working) implementation, there should be quite some
> people out there who have new and intresting
> ideas to make something themselves (or support current projects).

I think strongest current limitation of SMPOV is its portability. I know it is
difficult issue but definietly starting from portable language for sources
would be great. Releasing some API for comunicating between independant
instances on different platform over some protocol would be suffiecent as
well.

ABX