POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Debugging and line numbers Server Time
16 May 2024 23:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Debugging and line numbers (Message 17 to 26 of 26)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Debugging and line numbers
Date: 9 Feb 2009 16:55:00
Message: <web.4990a52bc31877f34e63d9990@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] nospam-gmailcom> wrote:
> What that means is that you are comfortable on Windows because you
> previously took your time to learn Windows tools and is now blaming
> Linux because you chose not to take your time to learn Linux tools.

No. What it means is that I am comfortable on Windows because I previously took
my time to learn Windows tools (as you correctly observe) and choose not to
take my time to learn Linux tools (as you correctly observe as well).

No blaming Linux. Just expressing my disgruntlement about the differences
between the two worlds, which make it difficult for me to "port" much of my
experience with one to the other (especially given the effort constraints I
have set myself).

BTW, why does everybody seem to take a "I hate Linux" for "Linux is crap"? I
don't think it is. I just hate it, that's all. And actually I just hate it when
I don't know how to make it do what I want it to do... and yes, I *am*
helplessly impatient with it in such situations.

Post a reply to this message