POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Debugging and line numbers : Re: Debugging and line numbers Server Time
1 Jun 2024 03:59:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Debugging and line numbers
From: clipka
Date: 10 Feb 2009 17:20:00
Message: <web.4991fb1ac31877f3797ec15b0@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] nospam-gmailcom> wrote:
> > BTW, why does everybody seem to take a "I hate Linux" for "Linux is crap"?
>
> I don't know, but I just hate you.

You're welcome - as long as you're not saying that I'm crap :P

> Don't be so impatient.  Any more tip, just call...

Yeah - just tell me what freakin' compiler settings *should* get me those
freakin' line numbers in those freakin' coredumps, and I might freakin' get
ahead somehow to find out how to ./configure POV for that... as of now, nobody
seems to know those Linux compilers well enough to boldly make a statement that
options X and Y will give me what I want. All people come up with is "go look
for yourself, it's sooooooo easy..."

Hey, come on guys, here's something where YOU can help make POV radiosity
better: Invest a few minutes to help a Windows-spoilt developer along on a
Linux machine...

...... oh, by the way: Settings for Intel compiler preferred. To my experience it
does a better job at optimization, so that's the one I'm normally using for
POV. Though I (generally) know how to ./configure POV to compile with gcc, too.

So anyone want those sporadic crashes of Linux POV gotten rid of before they
wind up in some beta? Here's the deal: Somebody help me with that, and I'll give
it a try. Or nobody helps me, and I'll leave that job to someone else more
familiar with Linux development. Both fine with me, though I'd prefer to know
that the betas will be "clean" in this respect.