POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Debugging and line numbers : Re: Debugging and line numbers Server Time
1 Jun 2024 05:30:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Debugging and line numbers
From: clipka
Date: 9 Feb 2009 22:30:00
Message: <web.4990f3bec31877f34e63d9990@news.povray.org>
> Something like:
>
> http://irl.eecs.umich.edu/jamin/pointers/gdbQS.html
>
> Perhaps? ;-)

Yeah, something like that... with working links, preferably :)

> > .... or better yet, how to set those freakin' debugging-related flags of
> > the POV ../configure script, so that it automatically sets all compiler
> > flags I need (though I fear I won't find such information in the
> > compiler docs) ;)
>
> Most ./configure scripts accept a --help switch to tell you what the
> options are. :-)

Sure. I prefer the "INSTALL" documentation of POV though (I'm not so fond of any
online help that I have to invoke again and again because it keeps scrolling out
of view in my terminal window). Still it doesn't say what *exactly* those
compiler flags do; for example, can *you* tell me what *exactly* the
"--enable-debug" flag does? I give you a hint: It does *not* seem to enable
line number information in the executable.