POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Latest Logicsim build ... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Latest Logicsim build ... (Message 1 to 10 of 29)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Latest Logicsim build ...
Date: 14 Jun 2010 08:06:44
Message: <4c161b54$1@news.povray.org>
Available at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/logicsim/files/
--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Latest Logicsim build ...
Date: 14 Jun 2010 08:21:51
Message: <4c161edf$1@news.povray.org>
Mmm, somebody heard my typing. ;-)

Pretty icon, BTW.

I did think about mentioning some of the more amusing features of this
build... but I figured you already know about them anyway.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 14 Jun 2010 09:18:13
Message: <4c162c15$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/14/2010 7:21 AM, Invisible wrote:
> Mmm, somebody heard my typing. ;-)
>
> Pretty icon, BTW.
>
> I did think about mentioning some of the more amusing features of this
> build... but I figured you already know about them anyway.

Do mention... I want to know.

What? the fact that if you wire a feeback loop the program just dies a
horrible death?

The fact that no menus work yet?

The irritation that when you go and change something on the property
grid the main window loses keyboard focus and it seems impossible to
regain it?

Really.. I want to know the bugs, though, if it isn't those issues. If
it is those issues, I'm aware of them. Right now I'm just trying to get
the basic pieces in.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

>> I did think about mentioning some of the more amusing features of this
>> build... but I figured you already know about them anyway.
>
> Do mention... I want to know.
>
> What? the fact that if you wire a feeback loop the program just dies a
> horrible death?
>
> The fact that no menus work yet?
>
> The irritation that when you go and change something on the property
> grid the main window loses keyboard focus and it seems impossible to
> regain it?

No, more things like...

- If you select "OR gate", it inserts a NOR gate.

- NAND has the same truth table as NOR.

- If you change an input's value from the property pane, the simulation
doesn't update. (I didn't immediately notice the ability to "poke" the
inputs to change them. It's also mildly irritating that you have to
cycle through 0, 1 and Z.)

- You can't delete stuff, only add it. ;-)

- The selection marks look fine for 1-input gates, but for 2-input gates
it looks kinda weird having a box between the two inputs.

I was espectially ticked by the first two - but I didn't wanna sound
mean. ;-)

Post a reply to this message