POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Latest Logicsim build ... : Re: Latest Logicsim build ... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Latest Logicsim build ...
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 14 Jun 2010 10:36:30
Message: <4c163e6e$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/14/2010 8:43 AM, Invisible wrote:

> No, more things like...
>
> - If you select "OR gate", it inserts a NOR gate.
>
> - NAND has the same truth table as NOR.

Crap! I must have screwed something up when building some of the other
items... That's a regression error. I'll have to take care of that.

> - If you change an input's value from the property pane, the simulation
> doesn't update. (I didn't immediately notice the ability to "poke" the
> inputs to change them. It's also mildly irritating that you have to
> cycle through 0, 1 and Z.)

Yeah, the sim isn't updating right now when the properties are altered.
There's reasons I'm not addressing this as of yet, mainly to do with the
fact that I'm going to rewrite the simulation core, and at that point it
won't matter how the property is altered.

Only if the input is 3-state do you have to cycle through the states.

> - You can't delete stuff, only add it. ;-)

Yeah, an annoyance for sure ... But, hey, pre-alpha. ;)

In truth I just haven't gotten around to coding some of the more trivial
things, yet.

> - The selection marks look fine for 1-input gates, but for 2-input gates
> it looks kinda weird having a box between the two inputs.

The handles will eventually allow you to elongate the connecting pins,
and change orientation by drag on gates. Its not there yet. It might
make sense later, when it actually functions...

> I was espectially ticked by the first two - but I didn't wanna sound
> mean. ;-)

No! This is good stuff! I need feedback like this Obviously I miss
things like this when coding the application.

--
~Mike