POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Latest Logicsim build ... : Re: Latest Logicsim build ... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Latest Logicsim build ...
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 15 Jun 2010 15:59:32
Message: <4c17dba4$1@news.povray.org>

>>> Crap!
>>
>> Yah. ;-)
>>

> Well, the NAND = NOR thing was a total cluster****, I don't know what I
> was thinking when I coded NAND. I have a feeling that code was probably
> written at 1:00am on a Saturday morning.

Oh, one of *those*... ;-)

I generally just don't code anything at that hour. It never ****ing
works right anyway.

> How it got by me testing it is
> a total mystery. It was so obviously wrong for NAND.

Heh, well, I did wonder. Actually, as I say, I just assumed that since
it was *so* wrong, you must already know about it but just haven't got
round to fixing it yet.

> The OR gate placing a NOR gate was interesting. I have a function that
> checks the types and caches the last used values for later use. Since
> OR, XOR and NOR all have the same basic drawing OR is the base class for
> those, only changing a few minor details (such as the extra curve on the
> input side of the XOR, and the output bubble on NOR), so, it would see
> that it could be cast to an OR and consequently dump it into the
> PreviousOrGate variable. Oops. I corrected the case with NOR, but
> discovered XOR only after I uploaded the code.

Pah. Mutable state is evil! ;-)

>> Well, yeah. The thing I'm writing is currently just a few miles of
>> function calls. It doesn't even *do* anything visible yet!
>
> Your own sim? How is it going? ( as far as the function calls go, I
> guess? )

Very, very slowly. Like, I'm having trouble making it so that I can add
and remove wires and stuff efficiently and still be able to look up what
connects to what efficiently and...

(See my post about "highly redundant data structures.)

You, by comparison, have got something that *runs*. I'm still faffing
around with design choices.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/