POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 3D modeler - scultris Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  3D modeler - scultris (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Darren New
Subject: 3D modeler - scultris
Date: 23 May 2010 15:37:00
Message: <4bf983dc$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DNRg6pdNeE

Now *that* is what I think of when I think of 3D modeling.  And apparently
from comments it's pretty easy.  I'll have to see if I can use the .obj's it
outputs in my current projects.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid

Post a reply to this message

Am 23.05.2010 21:36, schrieb Darren New:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DNRg6pdNeE
>
> Now *that* is what I think of when I think of 3D modeling. And
> apparently from comments it's pretty easy. I'll have to see if I can use
> the .obj's it outputs in my current projects.

That's awesome! I just gave it a try - looks and feels like great fun.

I haven't figured out however how to change the topology of an object
(create genuine holes in an object for instance, instead of just
depressions) - except for exporting to .obj, modifying the topology in
e.g. Wings3d, and re-importing.

Post a reply to this message

> Am 23.05.2010 21:36, schrieb Darren New:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DNRg6pdNeE
>>
>> Now *that* is what I think of when I think of 3D modeling. And
>> apparently from comments it's pretty easy. I'll have to see if I can use
>> the .obj's it outputs in my current projects.
>
> That's awesome! I just gave it a try - looks and feels like great fun.
>
> I haven't figured out however how to change the topology of an object
> (create genuine holes in an object for instance, instead of just
> depressions) - except for exporting to .obj, modifying the topology in
> e.g. Wings3d, and re-importing.

Oh! Wings can import Obj!  And export fbx.  Most awesome. *Now* I have
incentive to actually try it out.

I still want a 3D input mechanism instead of something flat, tho. Specs and
gloves, guys, specs and gloves.