POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 3D modeler - scultris : Re: 3D modeler - scultris Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:14:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D modeler - scultris
From: nemesis
Date: 24 May 2010 15:18:28
Message: <4bfad104@news.povray.org>
nemesis escreveu:
> Darren New escreveu:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DNRg6pdNeE
>
> most impressive to me is the "drawing" tool, which seems to really
> "draw" new polygons, rather than simply expand the existing ones until
> some areas are very dense and empty and others lacking detail.  Like in
> Blender sculpting.
>
> Sculpting is great for generating finely detailed models, but for
> animation it also needs finely crafted topology with proper edge loops
> in the proper places in the final mesh.  Most sculpting tools generate
> messy topology with dense meshes, including commercial ones like ZBrush.
>  Which is why they all provide retopology tools, to assist one in
> generating a new clean mesh on top of the current convoluted one.  It's
> still very time-consuming, though. I guess the holy grail for such
> sculpting tools is to provide a clean mesh or automatic retopology.

oh well:
http://www.blendernation.com/unlimited-clay-soon-in-blender/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Blendernation+(BlenderNation)

the cuban guy behind Blender volumetrics is at Blender sculpting again,
this time with Sculptris and dynamic tesselation as a model rather than
the voxel model of 3DCoat!  That can only be good news, specially for
Linux folks. :)

Damn, that alone should be reason enough to drop the embargo on the
island... :D

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9