POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 3D modeler - scultris : Re: 3D modeler - scultris Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D modeler - scultris
From: clipka
Date: 23 May 2010 17:20:30
Message: <4bf99c1e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.05.2010 21:36, schrieb Darren New:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DNRg6pdNeE
>
> Now *that* is what I think of when I think of 3D modeling. And
> apparently from comments it's pretty easy. I'll have to see if I can use
> the .obj's it outputs in my current projects.

That's awesome! I just gave it a try - looks and feels like great fun.

I haven't figured out however how to change the topology of an object
(create genuine holes in an object for instance, instead of just
depressions) - except for exporting to .obj, modifying the topology in
e.g. Wings3d, and re-importing.