POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XBox GTA4 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  XBox GTA4 (Message 1 to 10 of 27)
From: Darren New
Subject: XBox GTA4
Date: 14 Oct 2009 15:00:35
Message: <4ad61fd3$1@news.povray.org>
Does anyone else have trouble steering the cars in this game? So far, it's
not too difficult, except that I can't steer for a damn, so I can't finish
the car chase stuff. It feels like the analog joystick is playing digital,
and every tiny touch is an attempted U-turn.

Do I have something configured wrong? Or is it just me?

I don't have trouble with the analog aiming on other games.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

> Does anyone else have trouble steering the cars in this game? So far, it's
> not too difficult, except that I can't steer for a damn, so I can't finish
> the car chase stuff. It feels like the analog joystick is playing digital,
> and every tiny touch is an attempted U-turn.

  Kind of reminds me of Driv3r. I cannot finish even the *first* introductory
level because it's harder than the final boss in the hardest game you can
imagine, at the hardest difficulty setting.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> Does anyone else have trouble steering the cars in this game? So far, it's
>> not too difficult, except that I can't steer for a damn, so I can't finish
>> the car chase stuff. It feels like the analog joystick is playing digital,
>> and every tiny touch is an attempted U-turn.
>
>   Kind of reminds me of Driv3r. I cannot finish even the *first* introductory
> level because it's harder than the final boss in the hardest game you can
> imagine, at the hardest difficulty setting.

Hey, I've got that one. Have you gone hill-hopping in Nice? There's a
way into the background hills, where you can hit some "null
zones"--places where the graphics are not refreshed. The pixels just
stack up. Then there's bomb-hopping, where you launch a grenade next to
your vehicle and step into it real quick, to get up on roofs. With
invincibility on of course ;)

Parallel lines in a good one too, but the traffic is even thicker than
Driv3r. Some very frustrating missions in that one :S

Sam

Post a reply to this message