POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XBox GTA4 : Re: XBox GTA4 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XBox GTA4
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 15 Oct 2009 04:20:00
Message: <web.4ad6dab4f1719ab6dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> I don't know about Driv3r, but on the original Driver you started in a
> garage basement and had to do so many stunts within a time limit before you
> could progress.  It really is worth spending the time learning how to do
> those moves because it will make the rest of the game far more enjoyable.

I remember that. I agree you need the skills to get the most out of the game,
but there were too few rewards to make me stick at Driver, and I got bored of it
eventually. In GTA there are the driving/flying schools etc (at least in
previous ones - not sure about 4) which do the same job, but with plenty of
variation. Not to mention having other things to do around the map, so you can
drive there and get implicit practice... and if you get too infuriated you can
just go drive up some streets the wrong way to cool off!

(why did they call the most recent one 4, by the way? It's at least the 6th game
to bear the name)