POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XBox GTA4 : Re: XBox GTA4 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XBox GTA4
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 15 Oct 2009 05:25:01
Message: <web.4ad6ea23f1719ab6dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> > I remember that. I agree you need the skills to get the most out of the
> > game,
> > but there were too few rewards to make me stick at Driver, and I got bored
> > of it
> > eventually.
>
> Yes me too, I just used to drive around the maps powersliding (it was so
> easy to control the slides).  I also started playing about with the car and
> level scripts (they were just plain text) to get faster cars and no-damage.

Um, I meant, I never got out of the garage! I was initially reluctant to try GTA
after that, I thought it meant I was crap at all driving games :)

> > drive there and get implicit practice... and if you get too infuriated you
> > can
> > just go drive up some streets the wrong way to cool off!
>
> Or get out of your car and fire rockets at police cars :-)

My favourite in GTA:SA was to park across the freeway and watch the ensuing
pile-ups from a safe distance.

> Maybe all the "3" ones used the same (or a similar) game engine?  IDK. I
> have GTA 4 sat at home waiting to be played...

Yeah I expect you're right. Ditto for me with GTA 4...