POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XBox GTA4 : Re: XBox GTA4 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XBox GTA4
From: scott
Date: 15 Oct 2009 05:03:33
Message: <4ad6e565@news.povray.org>
> I remember that. I agree you need the skills to get the most out of the
> game,
> but there were too few rewards to make me stick at Driver, and I got bored
> of it
> eventually.

Yes me too, I just used to drive around the maps powersliding (it was so
easy to control the slides).  I also started playing about with the car and
level scripts (they were just plain text) to get faster cars and no-damage.

> In GTA there are the driving/flying schools etc (at least in
> previous ones - not sure about 4) which do the same job, but with plenty
> of
> variation. Not to mention having other things to do around the map, so you
> can
> drive there and get implicit practice... and if you get too infuriated you
> can
> just go drive up some streets the wrong way to cool off!

Or get out of your car and fire rockets at police cars :-)

> (why did they call the most recent one 4, by the way? It's at least the
> 6th game
> to bear the name)

Maybe all the "3" ones used the same (or a similar) game engine?  IDK. I
have GTA 4 sat at home waiting to be played...