POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Easy to use mp3 player? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Easy to use mp3 player? (Message 11 to 20 of 30)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Easy to use mp3 player?
Date: 7 Oct 2009 04:50:34
Message: <4acc565a$1@news.povray.org>
>> with my iAUDIO M5, but only once I replaced the manufacturer's buggy
>> firmware with RockBox - a slightly nontrivial undertaking.
>
> Ah genius - RockBox works with my old iPod 4G and it seems like it will
> actually let me just copy&paste (part of) my mp3 collection to it and
> then play it.  I *hate* the way iTunes and iPod work by assuming all the
> mp3 tags are present and correct.  Going to try this out tonight...

Heh. I just hated the way iAUDIO's own firmware kept crashing and
SANDBLASTING MY EARS IN THE PROCESS! >_< Fortunately RockBox doesn't do
that. (It also allows me to do totally pointless stuff like plot and
zoom the Mandelbrot set while I'm listening to my music. Why you'd
bother with a blue/purple LCD screen I'm not sure...)

Post a reply to this message

> Heh. I just hated the way iAUDIO's own firmware kept crashing and
> SANDBLASTING MY EARS IN THE PROCESS! >_< Fortunately RockBox doesn't do
> that.

I just want to navigate through my songs by the folder structure that I've
carefully set up on my PC, not by a bunch of incorrectly set mp3 tags in the
files.

Post a reply to this message