POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Easy to use mp3 player? : Re: Easy to use mp3 player? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Easy to use mp3 player?
From: Invisible
Date: 7 Oct 2009 05:29:50
Message: <4acc5f8e$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Yeah, I can see how that would suck pretty hard...
>
> In particular I have a folder full of random songs that I like, I can
> find no way in iTunes/iPod to play this folder.  I thought maybe I could
> create a playlist, but no of course there is no way to select every file
> from a particular folder in order to create one.  The best hack I could
> come up with was to use a 3rd party program to give a certain comment to
> every mp3 file in that folder, then tell iTunes to make a playlist of
> songs with that comment.
>
> Also during my investigations I found that with the later versions of
> WinAmp you can make it automatically tag an mp3 by analysing the conent
> (and presumably sending it off somewhere).  It's worked on every song so
> far, you just select a bunch of songs within WinAmp, right click and
> choose "Send To: Autotag" and it does it!  I'm tempted to just select my
> entire mp3 collection and leave it running overnight to make sure they
> are all correct ;-)

All my files [which as Ogg Vorbis, not MP3] were created by me
personally, by encoding the data from the original CDs. I use CDex. Put
a disk in, type in all the details, hit a button, and it carefully puts
files into folders and places correct metadata inside. (Assuming it's an
album where everything is by the same artist. It can't handle
compilations properly, but it's easy enough to add the correct data with
WinAmp.)

Actually, that's a lie. My MP3 player *does* have just two MP3s on it
(and they're probably both illegal): Microsoft Jinglebells and Ugly
Girl. Go google them. ;-)

[Oh for the days when 10 CDs worth of data was considered "a lot".
KOMPLETE 5 comples on 14 dual-layer DVDs, BITCHES!]