POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Easy to use mp3 player? : Re: Easy to use mp3 player? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Easy to use mp3 player?
From: Invisible
Date: 8 Oct 2009 05:00:56
Message: <4acdaa48@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>>> Only problem I noticed is that pressing "skip next" sometimes takes 2
>>> or 3 seconds to skip to the next track (I'm sure it was almost
>>> instant on the original firmware) - that's a bit annoying but maybe
>>> there are some settings to tweak...
>>
>> Yes, I notice this also. (Although on my player, the current track
>> continues playing while it seeks to the next one. Even so, it seems to
>> take a long time to seek...)
>
> Yeh that's what mine does too, so you press the skip button and nothing
> at all happens for 2 seconds (you're then wondering if you actually
> pressed the button or not), then it starts the next track.  Maybe
> there's an option to stop the current track immediately when you press
> the button, or to pre-cache the next track or something.  Still, I've
> hardly read the documentation so looking forward to finding out what
> else it can do, there seems to be loads of options.

On mine, you can do stuff like adjust how long the backlight stays on
after you press a button (so you can conserve battery power - or not),
whether tracks cross-fade into each other, whether it advances to the
next folder or loops or stops when it finishes all the tracks in the
current folder, and so on. I believe you can also install themes...

(I don't know about your player, but mine has a moderately large purple
LCD on it.)