POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Easy to use mp3 player? : Re: Easy to use mp3 player? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Easy to use mp3 player?
From: scott
Date: 8 Oct 2009 04:57:57
Message: <4acda995@news.povray.org>
>> Only problem I noticed is that pressing "skip next" sometimes takes 2 or
>> 3 seconds to skip to the next track (I'm sure it was almost instant on
>> the original firmware) - that's a bit annoying but maybe there are some
>> settings to tweak...
>
> Yes, I notice this also. (Although on my player, the current track
> continues playing while it seeks to the next one. Even so, it seems to
> take a long time to seek...)

Yeh that's what mine does too, so you press the skip button and nothing at
all happens for 2 seconds (you're then wondering if you actually pressed the
button or not), then it starts the next track.  Maybe there's an option to
stop the current track immediately when you press the button, or to
pre-cache the next track or something.  Still, I've hardly read the
documentation so looking forward to finding out what else it can do, there
seems to be loads of options.