POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Easy to use mp3 player? : Re: Easy to use mp3 player? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Easy to use mp3 player?
From: scott
Date: 8 Oct 2009 04:09:33
Message: <4acd9e3d$1@news.povray.org>
> Ah genius - RockBox works with my old iPod 4G and it seems like it will
> actually let me just copy&paste (part of) my mp3 collection to it and then
> play it.  I *hate* the way iTunes and iPod work by assuming all the mp3
> tags are present and correct.  Going to try this out tonight...

OK so I tried this out, it was very easy to put on the iPod, literally run
the .exe, choose the mp3 player and click install.  After a few minutes it
was done and my iPod was alive again!

Only problem I noticed is that pressing "skip next" sometimes takes 2 or 3
seconds to skip to the next track (I'm sure it was almost instant on the
original firmware) - that's a bit annoying but maybe there are some settings
to tweak...