POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is great Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:13:14 EDT (-0400)
  This is great (Message 85 to 94 of 94)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: This is great
Date: 26 Aug 2009 03:26:07
Message: <4a94e38f$1@news.povray.org>
scott schrieb:
> Or an engine generating 0.1 MW :-)  Interesting point though, I don't
> know on mine whether it's the car or the phone that is actually doing
> the radio comms, I never thought that it might be the car...  I wonder
> how I can tell?

If it uses the SIM Access Profile (SAP), you're the owner of a
four-wheeled, combustion engine powered (and therefore in every sense
mobile) full-fledged phone. The only thing it lacks is a slot into which
to stick the SIM card (but chances are the circuit board has solder pads
to connect one :-)).

In that case, usually your hand-held phone will not allow any
interaction (at least not mobile phone stuff) while connected to the
car. Also, neither rolling phone nor hand-held will provide any way of
transferring a call to the respective other.

If you can switch between hand-held and carkit speakers, it's not SAP
but classic Handsfree Profile (HFP), in which case your phone is still
doing the hard work and burning battery power.

Post a reply to this message