POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is great : Re: This is great Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:25:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is great
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Aug 2009 11:54:46
Message: <4a955ac6$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> scott schrieb:
>>> If you can switch between hand-held and carkit speakers, it's not SAP
>>> but classic Handsfree Profile (HFP), in which case your phone is
>>> still doing the hard work and burning battery power.
>>
>> Maybe there is a way to switch between the two, I haven't found it yet
>> though apart from turning off bluetooth on my phone.
>
> That's unlikely; usually, carkits feature /either/ Handsfree Profile
> /or/ Sim Access Profile. So far I haven't seen any carkit that did both.

He meant like what I have in my car. If I'm talking on the car's hands-free,
and I stop the car, I get a button on the car's interface that lets me
switch over to talking on the phone without dropping the call. I.e., it
turns from "headset" to "handset".

If the car is the actual phone, it's less likely that there's a way to
transfer the call to a whole different phone.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe