POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is great : Re: This is great Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:25:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is great
From: Darren New
Date: 27 Aug 2009 12:27:30
Message: <4a96b3f2$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Everyone here has a SIM based phone, even my first Motorola brick had a
> SIM card.  I have never seen a phone without a SIM card.

Verizon, on adopting CDMA, decided they didn't want to pay the extra
$3/phone or whatever for a SIM slot. :-/

> If you mean lock the keypad, then my phone almost always has the keypad
> locked (in my pocket) when I'm in the car.  There is no problem making
> or receiving calls.  I just checked on my phone and the pairing for the
> car is called an "Audio Device", so I guess it just uses the protocols
> for initiating and picking up calls, transferring the audio, and for
> transferring the address book.

Yeah, that's how my phone works, except it won't make a call if the phone is
locked. (Different from keyboard being locked - I can't even answer a call
if the phone is locked. It's a security thing, not an avoid-pocket-dialing
thing.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe