POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is great : Re: This is great Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is great
From: clipka
Date: 26 Aug 2009 17:41:08
Message: <4a95abf4$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New schrieb:
>> My SIM card apparently can only hold 100 entries, and the entries are
>> only just 1 name and 1 number.
>
> Odd. That wasn't how I understood SIM cards to work in general.

That's just the way it is - that's how they were standardized, back in
the old days, when nobody ever thought about storing more information
than just a person's phone number.

Later, phone manufacturers found that the SIM card standard not only
sucked at flexibility to store other things than phone numbers, or
storage capacity, but also at retrieval speed.