POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is great Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  This is great (Message 81 to 90 of 94)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: This is great
Date: 25 Aug 2009 09:52:48
Message: <4a93ecb0@news.povray.org>
>> Personally, after using a few level editors, I find it absolutely
>> *astonishing* that games are ever produced. I mean, if it takes 4
>> hours of hassle to construct an empty cuboid room, how the hell do
>> people construct anything customers would pay money for?!
>
> They go the UT3 route, and build the whole level in 3DS Max (you have no
> idea how much this "design decision" pissed me off when I found out.
> What's the point of UnrealEd if it just imports static meshes from Max?)

<Insert comment here about 3DS Max being even harder to operate than QOOLE>

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 25 Aug 2009 11:19:34
Message: <4a940106$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Oh yes, my current car and my last car had that.  It means when someone
> calls you the car can display the name of the person from the phonebook.

I have that too, but that's because I bluetoothed the contact list from the
phone to the car. They slowly drift out of sync, of course, and it doesn't
work for anyone else's phone.

> Note that the phonebook in most phones is stored in the phone and not on
> the SIM card, because the SIM card has very limited storage capacity.

Actually, I believe it's because the SIM card is very slow, so the phone
caches the values when you put the SIM in.  I was under the impression the
SIM cards stored everything of interest about your phone. I could be wrong.

> Also it means if you want to call someone you can scroll through the
> address book on the car display and not have to use the tiny buttons and
> screen on your phone whilst driving.

Yes, but for me that's because I copied the phone book into the car, not
because the car is getting it from my phone real-time. It also means the car
is using the radio in my pocket, running off tiny batteries, rather than the
radio in the car running off a 20-pound lump of lead and acid.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe

Post a reply to this message