POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Something from Nothing? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Something from Nothing? (Message 6 to 15 of 25)
<<< Previous 5 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Something from Nothing?
Date: 26 Jul 2009 14:54:55
Message: <4a6ca67f$1@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loop_quantum_gravity
> http://relativity.livingreviews.org/Articles/lrr-2005-11/

Now my brain hurts. Thanks loads. ;-)

Seriously, cool stuff. I wish I understood it all.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."

From: gregjohn
Date: 27 Jul 2009 08:00:01
Message: <web.4a6d96b0a9205ca034d207310@news.povray.org>
> What is it with the creationists who as "do you believe nothing came from
> something?"
> Now, if you believe the universe is closed (i.e., has enough matter that
> there's a bounded amount of space), then this means that all matter was
> squished into the minimum amount of space possible.

Whoa.  I've listened to a whole year of Astronomy Cast, and I thought that the
Big Bang *was* about the creation of matter. It is precisely not, as once
described by Cal Thomas, a scenario you seem to agree with, "the explosion of
an eternally existent cosmic egg."

Big Bang = Gen 1:1 = in the beginning, the cosmos [sic] was created.

Post a reply to this message