POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Something from Nothing? : Re: Something from Nothing? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Something from Nothing?
From: Darren New
Date: 27 Jul 2009 13:00:46
Message: <4a6ddd3e@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Of course it's not just that simple, as many of the features of the
> observed universe don't conform to a simplistic Big Bang.

Certainly. And it turns out that there's a fair amount of heat-like energy
left in a substance at absolute zero, simply due to quantum exclusion and
such. My point was that "everything was all together" was the original
motivation of the "big bang", and not "something from nothing."

If we knew what happened in the first 10^-43 seconds, maybe we'd know where
everything came from, but there's no reason I know of, outside genesis, to
think there was nothing before there was something.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."