POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Something from Nothing? : Re: Something from Nothing? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Something from Nothing?
From: Warp
Date: 27 Jul 2009 17:50:44
Message: <4a6e2134@news.povray.org>
> If we knew what happened in the first 10^-43 seconds, maybe we'd know where
> everything came from, but there's no reason I know of, outside genesis, to
> think there was nothing before there was something.

  It just brings the (maybe a bit philosophical) question: How is it possible
that everything has always existed?

  (Of course this question becomes very complicated even in the physics
sense, as the concept of time "before" the Big Bang becomes a bit complex.
It's impossible for us to tell what, if anything, was before the Big Bang,
including time itself. It's one of those impassable horizons in the universe.
If time didn't "exist" before the Big Bang, then exactly what is it that
happened?)

--
                                                          - Warp