POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Something from Nothing? : Re: Something from Nothing? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Something from Nothing?
From: gregjohn
Date: 27 Jul 2009 08:00:01
Message: <web.4a6d96b0a9205ca034d207310@news.povray.org>
> What is it with the creationists who as "do you believe nothing came from
> something?"
> Now, if you believe the universe is closed (i.e., has enough matter that
> there's a bounded amount of space), then this means that all matter was
> squished into the minimum amount of space possible.

Whoa.  I've listened to a whole year of Astronomy Cast, and I thought that the
Big Bang *was* about the creation of matter. It is precisely not, as once
described by Cal Thomas, a scenario you seem to agree with, "the explosion of
an eternally existent cosmic egg."

Big Bang = Gen 1:1 = in the beginning, the cosmos [sic] was created.