POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Heavy metal Server Time
9 Oct 2024 09:50:45 EDT (-0400)
  Heavy metal (Message 7 to 16 of 46)
<<< Previous 6 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Heavy metal
Date: 1 Jun 2009 15:33:21
Message: <4a242d01@news.povray.org>
> Last I heard, airplanes aren't exactly "cheap", nor are cars, and
> cookware made of alunimium rather than steel is vastly more expensive.

  That only tells that steel is cheaper than aluminum, not that aluminum
is super-expensive.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 1 Jun 2009 15:51:53
Message: <op.uuu2spfo7bxctx@e6600>
On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 20:24:51 +0200, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

> Last I heard, airplanes aren't exactly "cheap", nor are cars,

Airplanes and cars are expensive, but not primarily because of raw material
costs I think.

> and cookware made of alunimium rather than steel is vastly more
> expensive.

The only reasonably useful aluminium cookware I have seen are frying pans,
and those are always Teflon-coated. Even so, I have not found them to be
more expensive than their cast-iron counterparts. In fact, the cheapest
ones are typically aluminium.

> (Ditto for computer cases.)

The same goes for computer cases; the cheapest ones are aluminium.

--
FE

Post a reply to this message