POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Heavy metal : Re: Heavy metal Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Heavy metal
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Jun 2009 22:11:08
Message: <4a248a3c@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 18:34:44 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> You just have to be careful not to put things that are overly acidic
>> into the container
>
> Why? The old Alzheimer's thing?  I think they figured out that was a
> procedural error.

Nope, acidic foods can destroy the "seasoning" of cast iron, and if you
then wash it in water, you can cause the pan to oxidize.

But even if you don't use water, stripping the seasoning off the pan can
create a metallic taste in foods cooked in the pan.  As Alton Brown would
say, that's definitely NOT good eats.

Jim